The Stains of Racism in America © Max Zamor email@example.com Conservative America is up in arms over Barack Obama’s speech about George Zimmerman’s verdict. That kind of uproar is nothing more than a normal reaction reminding us once again that there are deep stains of racism on America’s character. The conversations going on now are […]
Archive | Max Zamor RSS feed for this section
-Political Acrobatics, Haitian Style- © Max Zamor firstname.lastname@example.org A few months ago, I watched a short video documentary on youtube.com describing two investment successes in Haiti: The Oasis complex in “Petion-Ville” and the building of a thirty megawatts electrical power plant outside of “Cité Soleil”. While I applaud these two projects, I cannot help but […]
Is Jean-Claude Duvalier Forgiveable? © Max Zamor email@example.com Just mention the name Duvalier and you’ll get an earful of converging opinions from many, especially Haïtians who lived through the brutal period when father François and son Jean-Claude ruled Haïti in tandem with iron fists, for almost thirty years. They spread fear while being protected by […]
Le P’tit Club” of Jimmy Moise: The little giant among us Perhaps we have been sleeping: For many years, there has been a little giant among us doing a mighty job promoting Haitian arts and culture in the diaspora. Judging by the accolades it has received, no one can deny the variety and quality of […]
What is wrong with Kompa Music? By Max Zamor Last week I turned on the radio station to listen to some “old school” Haitian music. (Nothing is wrong with old school music. Sometimes it’s essential to look back in order to move forward) Mad I was when I heard the speaker begging Haitian musicians to […]
One Small Step for Joseph Michel Martelly, One Giant Leap for Haiti. © Max Zamor firstname.lastname@example.org How to solve the impasse in the Daniel Rouzier nomination for Prime Minister and at the same time strengthen an important institution. Like clockwork, every time there is a new presidential election in Haiti, hope for change runs high […]
Depth of beauty in Tim Seibles’ “Fast Animal” © Max Zamor email@example.com Even those of us who do not like to read poetry, because we claim it is difficult to understand, may find the writings of Tim Seibles, at times, too simplistic. But do not be fooled: his poetry has an underlying sophistication that forms […]
The Next Haitian Hero © Max Zamor firstname.lastname@example.org This is a reprint form an article I wrote in 2008 after the hurricanes The issues cited in this article still apply today and bear repeating The fall of the Duvalier regime in the late eighties brought elation and hope to the Haïtian nation. After the rise […]
Can an Elected President Alone Save Haiti? By Max Zamor November 2010 email@example.com It doesn’t take a genius to know what is needed now in Haiti: A capable manager who is honest, with iron like character. Many Haitians will tell you there is no such candidate in the field who is vying for their vote […]
Pikliz.com returns to Casa Chanpèt October 3rd 2010 By Max Zamor firstname.lastname@example.org Since the grand opening of Casa Chanpèt, there has been a promise made by management to bring to this new Haitian owned restaurant and bar, cultural activities in their communities never seen before by Haitians living abroad. From that first July […]
- Delmas recrute des informateurs February 16, 2017
- L’opposition parlementaire s’est affaibli February 16, 2017
- Tractations February 16, 2017
- Le grand casse-tête ! February 16, 2017
- Le temps February 15, 2017
- The Roots Of The Haitian Revolution Are Black Futures. There is no Black future without honoring the Haitian Revolution, too. February 14, 2017
- Moïse donne le signal de son action pour la relance agricole February 14, 2017
- Télé Métropole présente les nouvelles en images. February 8, 2017
- Le PHTK et alliés ont le contrôle de la 50e législature February 6, 2017
- Le POINT avec Wendell Theodore February 8, 2017
- Richesse et vertu. January 24, 2017
- Trump : L’heure de vérité ! January 21, 2017
- L’Association des journalistes haïtiens porte plainte auprès de l’inspection générale de la police nationale November 26, 2014
- « Un désastre électoral » et « une crise post-électorale » se dessinent, avertit le Rnddh August 7, 2015
- Экзамен на американское гражданство: Экзамен ...
- Курс US Citizenship: Курс US Citizenship [...]...
- interstellar propulsion off: interstellar propulsion off [...]check beneath, a...
- little dogs: little dogs [...]just beneath, are various totall...
- space research world: space research world [...]usually posts some real...
- tan dog: tan dog [...]the time to read or check out the co...
- nasa robots world: nasa robots world [...]just beneath, are several ...