The Stains of Racism in America © Max Zamor firstname.lastname@example.org Conservative America is up in arms over Barack Obama’s speech about George Zimmerman’s verdict. That kind of uproar is nothing more than a normal reaction reminding us once again that there are deep stains of racism on America’s character. The conversations going on now are […]
Archive | Max Zamor RSS feed for this section
-Political Acrobatics, Haitian Style- © Max Zamor email@example.com A few months ago, I watched a short video documentary on youtube.com describing two investment successes in Haiti: The Oasis complex in “Petion-Ville” and the building of a thirty megawatts electrical power plant outside of “Cité Soleil”. While I applaud these two projects, I cannot help but […]
Is Jean-Claude Duvalier Forgiveable? © Max Zamor firstname.lastname@example.org Just mention the name Duvalier and you’ll get an earful of converging opinions from many, especially Haïtians who lived through the brutal period when father François and son Jean-Claude ruled Haïti in tandem with iron fists, for almost thirty years. They spread fear while being protected by […]
Le P’tit Club” of Jimmy Moise: The little giant among us Perhaps we have been sleeping: For many years, there has been a little giant among us doing a mighty job promoting Haitian arts and culture in the diaspora. Judging by the accolades it has received, no one can deny the variety and quality of […]
What is wrong with Kompa Music? By Max Zamor Last week I turned on the radio station to listen to some “old school” Haitian music. (Nothing is wrong with old school music. Sometimes it’s essential to look back in order to move forward) Mad I was when I heard the speaker begging Haitian musicians to […]
One Small Step for Joseph Michel Martelly, One Giant Leap for Haiti. © Max Zamor email@example.com How to solve the impasse in the Daniel Rouzier nomination for Prime Minister and at the same time strengthen an important institution. Like clockwork, every time there is a new presidential election in Haiti, hope for change runs high […]
Depth of beauty in Tim Seibles’ “Fast Animal” © Max Zamor firstname.lastname@example.org Even those of us who do not like to read poetry, because we claim it is difficult to understand, may find the writings of Tim Seibles, at times, too simplistic. But do not be fooled: his poetry has an underlying sophistication that forms […]
The Next Haitian Hero © Max Zamor email@example.com This is a reprint form an article I wrote in 2008 after the hurricanes The issues cited in this article still apply today and bear repeating The fall of the Duvalier regime in the late eighties brought elation and hope to the Haïtian nation. After the rise […]
Can an Elected President Alone Save Haiti? By Max Zamor November 2010 firstname.lastname@example.org It doesn’t take a genius to know what is needed now in Haiti: A capable manager who is honest, with iron like character. Many Haitians will tell you there is no such candidate in the field who is vying for their vote […]
Pikliz.com returns to Casa Chanpèt October 3rd 2010 By Max Zamor email@example.com Since the grand opening of Casa Chanpèt, there has been a promise made by management to bring to this new Haitian owned restaurant and bar, cultural activities in their communities never seen before by Haitians living abroad. From that first July […]
- Donald Trump contre la CIA et le FBI. January 21, 2017
- Haïti, États-Unis, à chacun ses défis. January 21, 2017
- Le Pape François écrit au président américain Donald Trump. January 21, 2017
- Trump : L’heure de vérité ! January 21, 2017
- 5 nouveaux blocs régulièrement inscrits au Parlement January 20, 2017
- Vers la mise en place de la commission bicamérale de décharge. January 20, 2017
- Le CEP met les dernières touches avant la tenue des élections du 29 janvier. January 20, 2017
- Télé Métropole présente les nouvelles en images. January 19, 2017
- L’Association des journalistes haïtiens porte plainte auprès de l’inspection générale de la police nationale November 26, 2014
- « Un désastre électoral » et « une crise post-électorale » se dessinent, avertit le Rnddh August 7, 2015
- L’hypocrisie dessalinienne: À quoi sert la fête du drapeau en Haiti? May 19, 2016
- Lettre Ouverte au Ministre de la Justice, M. Camille Edouard Junior June 13, 2016
- Le Nord n’est plus Christophien. December 25, 2016
- La pratique d’extradition des Haïtiens vers les USA est illégale, inconstitutionnelle et arbitraire January 6, 2017
- diamond wheels: diamond wheels [...]we came across a cool web pag...
- taxi innsbruck sölden: taxi innsbruck sölden [...]the time to read ...
- British Nationality and Citizenship: British Nationality and Citizenship [...]check be...
- Phil: Phil [...]very couple of web sites that occur to ...
- love balls review: love balls review [...]the time to study or stop ...
- towing & wrecker services: towing & wrecker services [...]we like to hon...
- waste management home dumpster: waste management home dumpster [...]we like to ho...